Sunday, February 22, 2009

New outfits and older girls and boys

Size 3t Fairy Callie $48
It measures 21.25 inches in Length


This dress is made from "fairy print" with a white background. The hem, straps, chest are made from a matching lime gingham. The chest and hem are also pipped in a pink & white "whipstitch" piping. I have not sewn the buttons on yet, but I will make lime gingham covered buttons. Personally I love the callie. In the spring you can wear a short sleeve tee underneath the dress, but in the summer wear it without a tee. It looks great on all body types. I can make in a size 6m-6



I made this outfit for another little girl last week. I used a chocolate brown tee and trimmed the skirt in large chocolate brown ric rac. I have a few more brown tees and red tees (in toddler size) if you are intersted in ordering this skirt set.


Size 3t Frannie Ribbon dress, $48

This dress is lined. It measures 19.5 inches long. It has red/white ribbon under the arm that gather the dress when pulled and tie in to a bow. You can gather the dress as tight or loose as your want. The back of the dress has one button at the top. I am now taking orders for this dress. I can make it in size 12m to size 8. I can make also make this dress in the apple/pear fabric and the large yellow floral fabric (see auction item in previous post)


I have had people contact me about making boys clothes. As of right now I don't think I am ready to add boys clothing. In a few months I might start making boys shirts with embroidered tees, but as of right now I don't think I can add that to my plate. I want to add here that I have an amazing friend *Beth* who does all my monogrammed/appliqued tee's for me. My sewing machine embroiders fine on fabric but does a poor job on knit. So Beth offered to do all my t-shirt work for me - it is her gift to my family! Thanks Beth - our new baby appreciates you helping us bring her home!

I have also had people contact me about making larger girls clothing. Most of my patterns go from a size 12m up to a size 8. Some patterns only go to a size 6. If you are intersted in other sizes or outfits in different fabris just email me and I can let you know what is available. Below are good options for a dress for an older girl. These are not actually dresses I have made. It is pictures of patterns I can use for a dress.

A-line Lillian




Criss-cross halter dress or top



Tiered sundress

2 comments:

  1. My daughter is 28, so I don't need dresses now (hoping for granchildren at some point).

    I wanted to encourage you with your hard work and wonderful intentions.

    Be encouraged,

    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephani
    Would you be willing to share where to get the tired sundress pattern? I have 4 girls under 6 (youngest came home from Hunan China just 7 weeks ago!) I cannot afford to buy these, but I sew a bunch for my girls and have a monogram macine and have been looking for a pattern similar to this for some time. You can email me at rebsandhogs@juno.com if you care to share!
    thanks
    Emily
    www.journeytoashleimei,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete